Monday, January 4, 2010

Community Crafters of New England


Today I created a Face Book page - Community Crafters of New England. The purpose of this page is to bring together crafters from all over New England in an effort to support our neighbors with handmade gifts of love. Our first project are helmet liners for soldiers. One of my friends has her husband and father of her children thousands miles from home fighting for my freedom. I am not as brave as these phenomenal soldiers but I will do my part. I will do my part to show how grateful I am that they keep me and everyone I love safe. I will send gifts of home comfort their way and hopefully keep their spirits up.
This would be a great projects for families to do together. Family bonding, history lesson and community service all in one.
The goal of this project is to create 400 helmet liners. I know in my heart that we can do this in a month. Anyone willing to join me and my family in the challenge?
For those who want to show there support but are not crafty, please support a local crafter and purchase the yarn and needles needed to complete the project. Another option would be to make a donation to the right of this page so that materials can be purchased and to cover the cost of shipping the projects to the intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment